Saturday, February 5, 2011

eHarmony.com

So, before I introduce any more Bobs, I guess I should talk about where I find them.

For the most part, I pretty much love my life. Great family and friends, home I love, great companion Ellie, full time job, road trips always waiting to happen...you get the picture. I stay pretty busy.

But for some reason, every now and then I think I should venture into the dating scene. I see all you cool people as team players and think, hmm, maybe I should be part of a team. I always (sooner or later) come back to "WHY"????

But venture forth I do, usually courtesy of online dating. There have been a couple Bob finds in bars or through friends, but online dating is where the possibilities are endless. Beware of the "flex match"!!! And some examples... age difference (65??), distance (Nebraska, really?), religion (and trust me, I checked off a LOT of religions that would not be flex matches), etc. And those are obvious ones, sometimes you have to actually meet the guy to find the um, flex!

And, guys love to include props with their pictures.....cars, trucks, motorcycles, scuba gear, tattoos, tractors (yup), pets, former girlfriends, etc. OR, the other extreme is ONE blurry self portrait taken with a cell phone. How can I tell what kind of shoes they are wearing from that???

Just thought I would share what you may be missing!!

4 comments:

Maria said...

I am not sure a camel is much better.....

Kristen said...

haha maria!!

does this mean you are venturing back into the online dating scene??

Mermis said...

Hmm, thanks Maria.

And not now Kristen.

Joanie said...

shoes??? still don't get it. fingernails, teeth maybe but shoes?? i know we all have our thing, how about belts?