Monday, January 10, 2011

There is a reason it is not called sweeping snow!




However lovely, this stuff is HEAVY!!!

Yep, South Carolina is in the midst of a mega snow storm. With this much snow, I was a little concerned about the weight of the snow on my back porch.

Every time I run into my builder, he inquires about the back porch. He says he is a little worried it will crack if there is a lot of weight on it. Several tests have been made in the form of summer late night dance parties; so far so good.

FYI: A broom simply will not work. See my attempts at sweeping snow in this last picture?

Hope all this snow doesn't weigh more than a dance party.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

it looks so pretty! i'm so jealous. it is just cold and rainy here. i am really hoping the roads don't freeze tonight because if annie's school gets canceled tomorrow my thinly stretched tie to sanity will probably snap.

p.s. i'm never setting foot on your deck again! that is scary!

Nana said...

I want some snow!

Joanie said...

Try a cookie sheet for scooping??.
Did you get some pretty pictures of your dock? You know that classic angle you always take?