Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just how much these women have in common?


Mary, Sherri & Sherri (or as we call ourselves, the ARIs)

This was our annual Christmas party! Delicious meal courtesy of host Sherri S. We even had three guests; two daughters of Sherri S. and a friend of Sherri R (who agreed to come, as she "doesn't have a life right now"). Hmmm, trying not to take tooooo much offense!!

I decided to bring that sweatshirt out of it's 20 + year retirement.........I know, I am not sure why either. Nor am I sure why I still own it; that thing survived two moves AND numerous closet purgings. The pony tail just added to my 80's look!! I made that awesome original back in my sweatshirt painting days. I wish I had a scanner so I could show you an old family photo where EVERY woman and child was sporting the fruits of my labor!! Yep, 12 of us in wearable art!!! But as usual, I digress!

Just how much DO we have in common, besides of course our rhyming names??
1. We know first hand just how hard divorce is and the impact on our kids.
2. Single, fifty-ish; divorced within a few years of each other. Understand the perils of dating at our age.
3. Were all stay at home moms.
4. Saw the same counselor to maintain some sanity. Questionable results.
5. Hired the same divorce attorney.
6. Hurt and commiserate in a way few others can, especially when our exes mess with our kids!
7. Love and adore our poodle mix dogs! Took dogs trick or treating one year: dogs dressed up, we did not.

I love these girls! We will drop everything for an emergency ARI meeting! Sometimes these meetings make Original Bob look pretty good....... assuming of course I am not the one to call the meeting to order!

2 comments:

Joanie said...

nothing like special friends!!

Kristen said...

love that sweatshirt!! my mom went through a "puff paint/fabric/sweatshirt" decorating phase too. i need to find those pictures.