Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Biking in Ohio;The Three Bridge Tour


Bridge number 1, crossing the Ohio River into Kentucky- Or as the locals call it, "the new bridge"
Bridge Number 2, crossing back into Ohio.

This bridge was named after Carl D Perkins----
the guy who invented pancakes or breakfast,
I am not sure which one??



While in Ohio, I wanted to get out on my bike some. My brother Mike suggested The 3BT, or the Three Bridge Tour. According to my nephew Kevin, only my brother Mike and his friend actually call it that, but it sounded official.

The directions went something like this: ride downtown to Chillicothe Street, take the bridge on Route 23 over the Ohio River; go right on 23 until you come to another bridge that will take you into West Portsmouth. Follow that until you come to an exit for downtown Portsmouth. Take that exit over another bridge, crossing the Scioto River and you will end up downtown by the murals.

Holy crap, that sounded a little ambitious. WRONG! Whole ride from my Dad's house took less than an hour-ROUND TRIP, and that included stops, detours, pictures, etc.

OK, so that first picture is really a mural, but that could be me if I decided to do the REAL Ohio bike tour, the TOSRV. Maybe next year. [www.tosrv.org/11/info.htm ]

Gotta love bike tours in a small town!!

2 comments:

Joanie said...

I was looking for the green bike in the first photo.....

Teresa Vetter said...

I have done the TOSRV, twice. But I was a pirate (didn't pay the entrance fee, just rode with the gang, lol)