Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kentucky is a great state-and here is proof!


I made a trip for Father's Day up to Ohio this past weekend. More on that later, but one definite highlight was stopping by Butcher Holler' on my way home.
Helloooo......... Loretta Lynn's birthplace!!

I love Kentucky, I think?

5. They have better "beaches"? Growing up in Portsmouth, I would go boating with my best friend and her family on the Ohio River. We always put the boat in and then headed over to the Kentucky side; her Dad said the "beaches" were better. OK, I did learn to ski!!
4. The University of Kentucky, where I received my degree, responsible for my thriving accounting career? OK, I did get an accounting degree!!
3. Original Bob? OK, there are a lot of great residuals from that union!!
2. Loretta Lynn and her awesome lyrics? OK, but definitely the Coal Miner's Daughter movie and soundtrack!!
1. Wine stopper/compass!! Yes, why didn't I think of this?? I found this while perusing the Route 23 Country Music Museum. Perfect! You can drink wine AND find your way home. Sheer genius!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

hahaha! love that wine stopper, the perfect mermis item. i want to get one and make it into a christmas ornament and then everytime we hang it up we will think of you.