Monday, November 15, 2010

That sometime you just need a man! Part 2


Fire, cars and electronics! OH MY!!

CARS!!!

So, I am sitting at a red light downtown and a very nice man rolled down his window, and motioned for me to do the same. I immediately assumed he was single, somehow knew I must be single, wanted to ask me out, probably take me on a cruise….wait , this stuff happens in the movies right? OK, he just wanted to tell me I had a brake light out. Since cars are another OH MY for me, I replied “so what should I do?” He yelled “AdvanceAuto Parts” and drove off. Well, THAT I can do! I drove to Advance Auto; the first sign I saw read “we replace wiper blades free”. Free installation, really? Awesome! The oil change people have been telling me I need to replace my wiper blades for. like. ever! And somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind, I knew you could replace wipers on your own way cheaper. Of course I can’t really do it, but I didn’t want to pay the oil changers either. Here was my opportunity! So, I proceed to the counter, provide the nice young man with the make and model of my car (I DO know you have to do that) and then as sweetly as possible “could you replace my wiper blades, and I would like one right brake light to go with that, please!”. It worked!! Thank you Eric! If you ever go to Advance Auto in Irmo tell Eric he “rocks”. That is what I told him, and I know my kids are rolling their eyes right now, and yes I seriously said that!! In fact I told Eric he rocks and is the bomb!

1 comment:

Sue Anne McKinney said...

definitely can't wait to see what happens next!! Ha! love that you are blogging!!!!