Monday, November 15, 2010

That sometimes you just need a man.! Part 3


Fire, cars and electronics! OH MY!!

ELECTRONICS!!!

I own an iPOD thanks to my kiddos. Same kiddos loaded tunes (thanks Mo) and bought me a stereo. I am still hoping for playlists (hint hint) but in the meantime, I decided to update my iPod with some new music. I stopped by Best Buy and bought a couple new CDs. Of course I quickly realized I didn’t have a clue how to actually get the music into/onto my iPod! I take that back, I had a clue: I knew the computer was an integral part of the process. I even had some vague recollection of Ian parking me beside my computer with my CDs and providing simple instructions on how to load them. Then he took over, did some sync trick, and voila, my iPod had more tunes! But that was long ago and I have no idea.........

So, I did whatever I do when I have electronic issues, I called Jeff. Lest you think I have favorites, I do not!! All my children receive calls depending on my needs, but Jeff is definitely the exceedingly patient go-to electronic wiz who oft assists me all the way from Texas. In fact, he has admin rights for this very blog. He decided it was easier to do some things himself than try and explain them to me over the phone. Suits me just fine! It is baffling how he does this! Television, cable (far better than the TWC, er technicians), computer, camera, dvd player, you name it.

Uploading/downloading (is there a difference?) songs was no exception and while he drove home from work too many states away, he patiently instructed me on how to get songs off CDs into/onto iPod via computer. I know I am old, but seriously this stuff still amazes the heck out of me!! Taylor Swift is in my iPod now! Sorry Jeff, you may not have helped had you known!

3 comments:

EMU said...

Jeff is my go to guy for anything computer related too! At least he's your son...I'm just the annoying friend that's always asking for favors! :)

Sue Anne McKinney said...

I can't count how many times I've called Jeff when I'm lost on the road! He is so much better than one of those garmin thing a majigs. And you are so RIGHT. He is so patient.

Mermis said...

Thanks you two fellow bloggers for your comments!!!

Wait, this is ridiculous, I have to sign in to comment to my own blgger blog???