Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh those Woebegone Gamecocks!!!

Please let them win so I NEVER, EVER have to hear how they can NOT win big games. Gone with the woebegone attitude and let a new Gamecock era begin! I don't ever want to hear "if you have been a fan as long as I have.....", "you just don't understand, we NEVER win", "wait until the second half, we ALWAYS lose", and on and on and on!

Below is a quote from an article in The State a while back, sums it up well.

"Despite the endless, loud cheers game after game, supporters never expected big wins; they anticipated letdowns, defeat and disappointment. For the past several years, Coach Spurrier has pushed for a change in culture and worked to get his football team to adopt a winning attitude."

I am not a big Spurrier fan because I think he is usually too negative and woebegone, but hey if it is working, so be it. Just seems a little like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

Please WIN the SEC Championship

and LOSE the 'TUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2010/11/16/1563659/why-not-usc-why-not-the-state.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz15TZH2z41

3 comments:

Kristen said...

mermis! you are a posting machine!

Anonymous said...

suprising sports talk from the new blogger :)

Unknown said...

You cannot be serious... Go Gamecocks??? Who are you? Need I remind you that your first and second born children and your daughter-in-law all graduated from Clemson University? I just threw up a little in my mouth.