Sunday, December 5, 2010

My tree is topless!



So, I decided Sunday to put up my Christmas tree. Figured (naively) I could handle this solo, even though I have a perfectly able son who could assist. I knew he had finals all week so figured I would attempt this on my own (my first as I usually recruit a son or a Bob).

I borrowed a truck from a neighbor and headed up to the tree farm in Chapin. As an aside, I really like driving trucks!! Power baby! Even had the foresight to take my tree stand and have the tree folks help me out there. So all I had to do was carry it into the house and decorate! Oh if only..............

First please note that purple tag on the tree?? Apparently that purple screams "Challenged Tree". I requested a small tree ($$$) and the only one they had left was still wrapped up. Note to self; never do this again, not only can you not see if it is actually shaped like a tree, but "shaking out" before bringing tree in house is very wise indeed!!

So the tree lady reduced the price even more after noting "Oh, it has a purple tag"! In my gay Christmas mood I assumed she 1. Was being kind and generous. or 2. It was a really small tree. WRONG!! IT IS CHALLENGED, IT HAS NO TOP? Oh well, I will get creative!! But for now, this is what I have!

Oh yea, and a big mess since my poor little tree had not been "shook" before coming home with me!! OH my!!

3 comments:

EMU said...

Hilarious!!!

Nana said...

just makes her more loveable, n'est pas? very, very sweet little tree.

Kristen said...

oh my gosh mermis, that is tooooo funny!