Monday, December 13, 2010

The three men I admire most (after the Father, Son and Holy Ghost)

Lee, Sam & David

OK, not RIGHT after The Father, Son and Holy Ghost (who can name that song btw??) Of course right after F,S & HG would be the awesome men in my family and wonderful guy friends (who are married to my wonderful girlfriends); but these men are high on my list!!

Lee (the bug man), Sam (the yard man), and David (the water man).

When one lives alone and wrestles seemingly constantly with man issues (not of the dating kind) you must have some professionals to call upon, lest you wear out family and friends. These three guys have been helping me out for 20, 15, and 12 years, respectively. All three are in my cell phone! All three know I am apt to call at any time! I can pretty much fit any "issue" into one of their three areas of expertise. I know it is a stretch, they know it is stretch, but it has been working......... until now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam is leaving me, for a bunch of bees!! He is getting out of the landscaping business so he can focus full-time on bee keeping. It feels like a divorce all over again, maybe even worse, Sam and I get along great!! OK, not worse.

He promised I could continue to call him, he just won't take care of my yard anymore!! He tried to make me feel better by saying if he kept just one yard, it would be mine. Didn't help!

Not only do I need a new yard man, this could strain my relationship with David and Lee; I will now have to fit everything into only two categories!! Oh my!!

Name that song answer: American Pie

And the three men I admire most:
The father, son, and the holy ghost,
They caught the last train for the coast
(and took Sam with them)
The day the music died.

And we were singing,
Bye Bye Miss American Pie,
Drove my Chevy to the levy...................

3 comments:

EMU said...

My deepest condolences.

Kristen said...

oh no!! not sam!

Christina said...

haha! where is randis with his guitar when you need him?! he knows that song.